Welcome

Welcome to HandsonERP.com

This site provides video based training of Oracle Financials.
Learn concepts and functionality in a step by step manner.

Login

HandsonERP - Oracle E-Business Suite Training
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Reporting Currencies Ledgers: Journal & Subledger (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Please post inquiries related to lessons content here. All questions and inquiries related to the website should be submitted directly using Contact form in the top menu.
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Reporting Currencies Ledgers: Journal & Subledger
gavrobere (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Reporting Currencies Ledgers: Journal & Subledger 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hasan,
Having watched your videos on Reporting Currencies Ledgers tutorials, could you, please, tell me whether:
1) Subledger level Reporting Currencies Ledgers and Journal level Reporting Currencies Ledgers are both mutually exclusive for some same foreign currency? What I mean by this is: Could a client implement concurrently both Subledger level Reporting Currencies Ledgers and Journal level Reporting Currencies Ledgers for the same foreign currency?
2) Are there a limit in terms of the number of both Subledger level Reporting Currencies Ledgers and Journal level Reporting Currencies Ledgers a client could implement at any given time?
3) If a company can implement at any given time either Subledger level Reporting Currencies Ledger, or a Journal level Reporting Currencies Ledger, but not both at the same time, then what integral accounting information would the company derive if we all know that a complete accounting information come from both Oracle General Ledger (including, custom applications, Journal Wizard spreadsheet) and Oracle subledger modules (including, Payables and Receivables).
I hope you understand my questions. Thank you in anticipation for response.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
handsonerp (Admin)
Admin
graph
Re:Reporting Currencies Ledgers: Journal & Subledger 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
1) Yes you can create multiple balance level reporting currencies, multiple ledger level reporting currencies, and multiple subledger level reporting currencies at the same time.
2) Logically you would not want to create more reporting currencies ledger than the number of enabled foreign currencies in the system. Oracle has not specified any technical limit of the number of ledgers.
Sorry I did not quite get your question 3.

gavrobere (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Thank you Hasan.
Since Oracle General Ledger is the central repository for all financial information (where all accounting information ultimately ends up), why Oracle Corporation is distinguishing between Subledger level Reporting Currencies and Ledger level Reporting Currencies, when we all know that only few transactions actually take place directly into Oracle GL? I mean, why not just have Ledger level Reporting Currencies, instead of also having a separate Subledger level Reporting Currencies?

handsonerp (Admin)
Admin
graph
I take it from your note that you think Subledger Level Reporting Currency will only display subledger transactions (not GL transaction). That is wrong.
Subledger Level Reporting Currency does not mean that only subledger data will be replicated over to the reporting currency ledger and not the GL data from the primary ledger. (I have emphasized this point in the videos)
Subledger Level Reporting Currency means all data, including subledger and GL, will be availble in the reporting currency ledger. However subledger accounting will be available in the reporting currency as soon as it is created by SLA module (rather than when it is posted in GL). Also drill down to subledger would be availble from the subledger level reporting currency.

gavrobere (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Reporting Currencies Ledgers: Journal & Subledger 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hasan, than you very much. I now understand the issues better. Cheers, Gavrobere

Go to top Post Reply